Jul 30, 2008

Seven Seconds of Ecstasy (The Kiss)

The symphonic expressions from the traffic surrounding us
No longer seemed to be … it simply just didn’t
I’ve imagined this actual moment
So many times, rehearsed my smoothed-out-Mac-playa-response
And now?
Now?!!?
I’ve got nothing …
Because I’m so melted to my core
Butterflies I haven’t seen in years
Are bouncing off of every corner
Of my insides

The tilt of your neck exposes
The smoothest skin I’ve ever encountered
Your lips,
Shimmering from the sexiest lip-gloss …
Puckered out, stretched in my direction
Like a gift and today ain’t even my birthday,
Not even close …
Your mouth begins to open,
As your eyes begin to close
(Now proper kissing etiquette demands that I close mine too)
But I felt it virtually impossible, and down right criminal
Denying myself the privilege of looking into your majestic, angelic face

Your tongue had a bubble gum flavor
From the gum you were chewing,
(I love a woman that keeps it hood)
And your lips had this, apple-like essence
I was hypnotized by this physical interaction
The feeling of our bodies’ close, our arms wrapped

I explored the contour of your top lip
With the moistened motion from the bottom of mine
Listening to the rhythmic pattern of your breathing
Alerted me to your approval of my style
Permitting my mind to drift off into the regions where my ego abided …

1 comment:

  1. I remember this one of course!

    I like "smoothed-out-Mac-playa response," "kissing etiquette," alliteration of "moistened motion," and "ego abided"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read. Please feel free to comment

blessings,

M