Jul 2, 2010

It's a doggy dog world ...

"Forced to sit still for instruction I realized how out of control I was ..."
Donte -


What's good family,

As a child by far my favorite time to shop (besides Christmas of course) was for back to school. The new smell of crispy trapper keepers, notebooks, pencils, rulers and anything else that had an official school feel to it, sent chills of excitement through my little heart. My parents knew full well each purchase would be buried in my locker, under my bed or lost in my book bag by mid November. But every year my mother shopped dutifully filled with hope that this was the batch, which would magically jump-start my procrastination. But procrastination and I were old friends melded together by a deep bond. Why do homework when I can play video games? Techmo Bowl for the NES dominated my senior year in high school every day straight home, to my room, book bag thrown on my bed for my daily quest to the super bowl. By ’93 Super Techmo Bowl came out for the Super NES and I was glued to the television thoroughly impressed by the awesome game play additions (season long stat tracker, post season awards, field flip at halftime and a halftime show with cheerleaders … yes! I’m a football video game geek.)

Back in ’93 West coast Hip Hop boomed heavy from my speakers at the same rate as the East. Cypress Hill, King Tee, Pac was still bi-coastal, and of course Dr. Dre and Snoop. (Lifetime goal PSA: Snoop is high on the list of people I want to puff with.) Life held so many undefined possibilities but I chose the path of dream vagabond and was taught the effects of soul erosion.

Much like his journey from Snoop Doggy Dog to Snoop Dog, time has also provided me an opportunity to change my direction and redefine my image more in the image of me.

Thanks for the company at the table of my mind.

Watch and enjoy one of the coolest Snoop videos ever.

Blessings,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read. Please feel free to comment

blessings,

M